In case you missed it, Microsoft released the Exchange Server 2007 Management Pack for Ops Mgr 2007 R2.
You can download the Exchange Server 2007 Management Pack here.
Feature Summary (my favorites):
- This Management Pack provides 30+ reports specific to Exchange 2007 that track availability and performance compared to service level objectives. See the Management Pack Guide for more info.
- All the synthetic transactions in this Management Pack use an Operations Manager 2007 R2 hosting feature for Windows PowerShell technology that provides a performance improvement when running synthetic transactions.
- A significant number of rules and monitors that are not actionable or may be noisy are disabled. Note that many of these rules are still in the Management Pack so that you can enable them if necessary.
- Full support for Microsoft clustered configurations. See the Management Pack Guide for more info.
- Discovery of Exchange 2007 server roles is disabled by default, and no Exchange 2007 monitoring is applied by default. This allows you to discover and monitor your servers gradually, as well as tune the Management Pack as you bring more agent-managed Exchange 2007 servers into the Operations Manager environment.
Kudos to the Exchange Team for getting this out the door!
Now when will we be able to download Ops Mgr 2007 R2?
I’ll provide a post soon on how to integrate Visio into Ops Mgr 2007 R2 for ‘live-maps’.