If you have made the jump to Ops Mgr 2007 R2, you’ll be please to know that Microsoft has released a new MP for Ops Mgr 2007 R2.
Here are a couple of highlights for the MP:
1. Improved monitoring around excessive agent memory utilization.
2. A number of ‘missing display names, descriptions, and product knowledge’ have been added.
3. The rule “Collects Opsmgr SDK Service\Client Connections” has been added to collect the number of connected clients for a given management group. This data is shown in the view “Console and SDK Connection Count” under the folder “Operations Manager\Management Server Performance”.
4. The following rules and monitors are now disabled by default as they are generally not actionable:
- A Group Populator module unloaded due to an unrecoverable error
- Health Service Cannot Find Management Group
- Data Validity Check
- Root Connector Data Validity Check
5. Updated the alert suppression criteria for the rule “Alert on Dropped MultiInstance Performance Module” in order to significantly reduce the alert volumes generated by this rule and make it easier to identify the root cause.
6. Fixed the configuration of the rule “IIS Discovery Probe Module Execution Failure” so that the parameter replacement will now work correctly for alert suppression and generating the details of the alert’s description.
Feel free to grab the MP here: Operations Manager 2007 R2 Management Pack
A similar update for Ops Mgr 2007 RTM SP1 will be released in the near future.
Here is a link to the complete MP Catalog.