Updated release, version 6.0.6726.0, adds support for Windows 2008 R2.
The Windows Server 2008 Network Load Balancing (NLB) Management Pack provides discoveries, monitors, alerts, and warnings to help the operator understand the state of NLB clusters and NLB servers running Windows Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 R2. The Windows Server 2008 NLB Management Pack can provide early warnings that an operator can use to proactively monitor the state of the NLB servers in the computing environment.
Feature Summary :
- Monitor the NLB Node status.
- Based on the status of individual cluster nodes, determine the overall state of the cluster.
- Where an integration management pack exists, determine the health state of a cluster node by looking at the health state of the load balanced application, such as IIS.
- Alert on errors and warnings that are reported by the NLB driver, such as an incorrectly configured NLB cluster.
- Take the node out of the NLB cluster if the underlying load-balanced application becomes unhealthy, and add the node back to the cluster when the application becomes healthy again.
***This MP can be imported into Ops Mgr 2007 SP1 and/or R2.