Overview (per Microsoft):
The Windows Client Monitoring Management Pack is built to detects, diagnose, and resolve hardware and software problems pertaining to Client 2000, XP, and Vista operating systems. Information and analysis on the issues that the system detected are collected by the MPs through an agent on the client machine, and sent to OpsMgr where this data is converted into health state, alerts (if need be) and processed for business critical and aggregate reports. The MP gives a clear picture of catastrophic failures in your mission critical machines, trend-based alerts of significant changes to computer groups, in-depth views of health of individual machines, and reports that provide a landscape view of the health of all monitored clients.
- Key Processor Performance Indicators
- Logical and Physical disk performance and free space
- Memory utilization
- Network health
- Health monitoring of key Windows Operating System services
- Comprehensive performance collections
- Availability and event reports
Updated release fixes bugs for Vista MP and adds support for monitoring Windows 7.