If you are monitoring your production servers with System Center Operations Manager you can now import the updated DFS Replication MP to monitor the health of the DFS Replication service on either Windows Server 2003 R2 or Windows Server 2008 (R2) servers.
The updated DFS Replication MP not only monitors events generated by the DFS Replication service, but it also provides insight into the health of the folder replicated on monitored servers.
A handy dashboard view is included to monitor replication backlogs as well.
Before you import the MP:
- Keep in mind that Agentless monitoring is not supported
- Remove any beta versions you may have imported
After you import the MP:
- Enable the Agent Proxy setting on all monitored servers
- Allow WMI through the Windows Firewall on all monitored servers
- You will need to configure the DFS Replication monitoring profile
- Create a new MP for customizations
As always with any new Management Pack, read the accompanying documentation and always test in a non-production environment (you have one of those right?).