Are you familiar with Microsoft’s Solution Accelerators?
Solution Accelerators were designed, by Microsoft, to assist IT Professionals in planning, deploying, and operating IT systems using Microsoft products and technologies. These are free scenario based guides and automations that focus on security & compliance, management & infrastructure, and communication & collaboration.
“The Security Compliance Management Toolkit Series builds on previous Solution Accelerators to provide you with expanded best practices and additional automation tools to help configure and deploy security settings for the following operating systems and applications: Windows® 7, BitLocker™ Drive Encryption, Windows® Internet Explorer® 8, Windows Server® 2008, Windows Server® 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2), Windows Vista® SP1, Windows XP® Professional SP3, and 2007 Microsoft Office SP1.”
If you have System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 in you environment, you can verify the accuracy of the of your deployment of the settings policy changes by using Desired Configuration Management (DCM).
This series includes Security Compliance Management Toolkits for the following products:
The Security Compliance Management Toolkit covers the following products:
- Windows 7
- Internet Explorer 8
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP
- 2007 Microsoft Office
***The GPOAccelerator tool is included with each toolkit download package.
Each of the Security Compliance Management Toolkits includes the following components:
- Security guide: Each toolkit includes an updated version of a previously released security guides for Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2003, Internet Explorer 8 or 2007 Microsoft Office. The guidance provides you with best practices and automated tools to help you plan and deploy your security baselines.
- Attack Surface Reference workbook: A resource that lists the changes introduced as server roles are installed on computers running Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008, for the toolkits specific to these operating systems.
- Security Baseline Settings workbook: A resource that lists all of the prescribed settings for each of the preconfigured security baselines that the security guides recommend.
- Security Baseline XML: XML files that allow your organization to consume the data defined in the security baseline settings workbooks.
- GPOAccelerator tool: A tool that you can use to create all the Group Policy objects (GPOs) you need to deploy your chosen security configuration. This release also supports Windows Server 2003, and creating security configurations on machines not joined to a domain.
- INF Files: INF files for Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008.
- Baseline Compliance Management Overview: The overview discusses best practices on how to monitor security baselines for Windows operating systems and Office applications.
- DCM Configuration Pack User Guide: A step-by-step prescriptive user guide about how to use the Configurations Packs with the DCM feature in Configuration Manager 2007 R2.
- DCM Configuration Packs: The toolkit series includes DCM configuration packs to use with the DCM feature in Configuration Manager 2007 R2.
You can subscribe to the Solution Accelerator Notifications newsletter to stay informed on releases and updates for the following:
- Communication & Collaboration
- Operations & Management
- Security, Data Protection, & Recovery
Download Details: Security Compliance Management Toolkit Series: